You can use the links below, or to the right to download and print your copy of the Sounds Identification Check Sheet.
Using the Sounds Identification Check Sheet:
- Print out 2 copies of this Beginning Letter Sounds Identification Check Sheet.
- Have your child put their finger on each picture.
- Ask your child what they see in the picture.
- Tell your child what they are looking at if they cannot identify it.
- Ask your child to tell you what the first letter is and the sound it makes for each picture.
For example, This is a bat. The first letter is a b. It makes a bu sound.
- Circle any letters in which your child cannot identify the sound it makes on the Beginning Letter Sounds Identification Sheet.
- Review the beginning sounds missed on this check with your child.